What do Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers do?
Plan and direct cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
- Develop or implement plans for the sustainable regeneration of brownfield sites to ensure regeneration of a wider area by providing environmental protection or economic and social benefits.
- Conduct feasibility or cost-benefit studies for environmental remediation projects.
- Conduct quantitative risk assessments for human health, environmental, or other risks.
- Coordinate on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Coordinate the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Design or conduct environmental restoration studies.
- Design or implement measures to improve the water, air, and soil quality of military test sites, abandoned mine land, or other contaminated sites.
- Design or implement plans for structural demolition and debris removal.
- Design or implement plans for surface or ground water remediation.
- Develop or implement plans for revegetation of brownfield sites.
- Estimate costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Identify environmental contamination sources.
- Inspect sites to assess environmental damage or monitor cleanup progress.
- Plan or implement brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Maintain records of decisions, actions, and progress related to environmental redevelopment projects.
- Negotiate contracts for services or materials needed for environmental remediation.
- Prepare and submit permit applications for demolition, cleanup, remediation, or construction projects.
- Prepare reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.
- Provide expert witness testimony on issues such as soil, air, or water contamination and associated cleanup measures.
- Provide training on hazardous material or waste cleanup procedures and technologies.
- Review or evaluate designs for contaminant treatment or disposal facilities.
- Review or evaluate environmental remediation project proposals.
Related Jobs (Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists and Site Managers)