What do Fundraisers do?
Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
- Create or update donor databases.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
- Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
- Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
- Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for fundraising organizations.
- Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
- Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
- Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of organizations seeking funds.
- Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Coordinate transportation or delivery of materials, supplies, or donations for fundraising events.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists.
- Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, or gift bags.
- Secure speakers for charitable events, community meetings, or conferences to increase awareness of charitable, nonprofit, or political causes.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
Related Jobs (Fundraisers)